Sunday, January 29, 2017

Topic Study on Anger


It was an evening like any other as I peeked into some of my social networks to check in on a few things. As I opened a book reviewing group that I was a part of, I managed to stumble right in upon a political argument between a liberal... and a poor young Conservative who managed to say the wrong thing.

As I sat there and listened to the argument, I was struck not by what was being said, but how it was being said. The liberal in question was an individual that as a reviewer, I'd come to respect. But in the moment of great furry, it was like a bull in a China shop. And it was in this moment, I lost almost all respect I had for the individual, replacing that with pity that one could be gripped by such an evil task master as anger.

Anger; a monster that is planted in our heart like a seed, but if not dealt with can become a dragon that can take over one's life, relationships, and overall health.

I can't say I've been immune. While anger is one of those sins that gets under my skin faster than anything, being a more timid individual, it's also something that I can't say I've not let loose and ended up hurting someone I really care about. In fact, most of my worse injuries have come at the hands of my anger when I've let it go unchecked.

Proverbs 12:16 KJVA fool's wrath is presently known: but a prudent man covereth shame.

Psalm 37:8 KJVCease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

Anger is an emotion like any other. Like a hammer, it's a tool God's given us. Jesus got angry, and ended up tossing a bunch of merchants out of the temple's yard. But that being said, it's also one of the most warned against things in the Bible.



Eph 4:26
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Happy people make the world betterBitter people make the world worse. (PreggerU)


In Church we've been studying Ephesians chapter four. And today we finished it up. And with the political situation... and some of the things I've seen, I thought I'd share what I've been learning.

Don't let the sun go down on your anger. Don't let it get a foothold... Why?

27Neither give place to the devil.

Becuase uncontrolled anger is a tool of the Devil. As a Christian, I need to be removing these thorns, not watering them. Allowing thorns to grow will destroy you.

If you are led by the spirit, you will not walk in the ways of the flesh. 

29Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

I think it's a universal thing; if someone is angry, they are far more likly to swear. In my area, it's far more common to hear people talk REALLY SLOW when they are upset, but I think that's because we are trying to not say something we regret. When you are angry, you say things you would otherwise regret.

30And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

If you are a Christian, then... you are not your own! If you would not say it to God's face, then don't say it. If you don't' want your mom to find out, don't do it. If you wouldn't bring your bible to the place, Don't go. Because YOU are the temple of God. He LIVES inside you. Don't greave him. Let him work through, and in you.

Has anyone ever grieved you as much as you have done to God? How many times have they done it?

For as much as God has forgiven us, so we should also forgive one another. There is a curse that is attached to not forgiving.

Forgive as you have been forgiven.


31Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Bitterness: resentful or cynical
Wrath: strong, stern, or fierce anger; deeply resentful indignation; ire.
Anger: a strong feeling of displeasure and belligerence aroused by a wrong; wrath; ire.
Clamor: a vehement expression of desire or dissatisfaction:
Evil Speaking: Saying things that are wrong, hurtful, and wicked. Often in scripture such speaking is directed at a person with the specific intent to cause pain.
Malace: Revenge; the desire to get back at another person. 

But instead

32And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Don't forget, you too have grieved God, you have grieved your parents... it's a tall order, but in the long run, keeping a cool head will save you many grievances down the road.

Grace= Unworthy Favor, Pardon, a gift without earning it. 

Are you saved?

Then are you letting Anger rule, or have you put it away from you?

Are you grieving God?

Are you bitter?

Are indulging the flesh?

Or are you living in Faith?

If you are part of the light, then why do you live like the darkness? Why are you allowing the flesh to rule over you?

VK Out.

(PS: I apologize for the lack of refinement.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...