Monday, September 17, 2012

My Personal Dress Code



Deuteronomy 22:5 KJV The woman shall not wear that which pertains unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are an abomination unto the LORD your God.

Deuteronomy 22:5 NIV A woman must not wear men's clothing, nor a man wear women's clothing, for the LORD your God detests anyone who does this.

This is one out of many verses I use to determine My personal dress code. These are MY lines not my parents'. Mom gave me a list of verses and I set my own boundaries. 

I live out in the country so everything I wear must be compatible with my surroundings. 

Hair: I prefer to wear my hair up, or at least pulled back. I do not wear head bands too often, But scarfs, hats, kerchiefs, and flowers are a normal sight.  

Jewelry:  I like Jewelry that does not get in the way of my work. I wear a watch, a simple bracelet, safety earrings and two necklaces that are up close to  my neck so when I bend over they do not catch anything. 


Shirts: I Prefer to wear a polo, But I also wear T-shirts. I prefer high necklines to lower ones. I do not wear halter tops or anything tight. 

Skirts: I do not wear skirts that are less than two fingers below my knees, preferable at the ankle. I prefer if they are full so they do not hinder my movement. 

Pants&such: I do not wear shorts. But I don't mind capreas. I typicality wear a pair of leggings under my shorter skirts, but only for that reason. Jeans are the preferred, and not white. Living on a farm white does not last long. Bleach is a necessity whenever I do where white. I am not the best at staying clean. 

Dresses: High neckline, SLEEVED, Low skirt, full back. I don't like showing off my body thank-you very much. 

SHOES: My current pair of everyday shoes is a pair of water proof hiking boots with ankle support. This enables me to do my work without having to worry about toes or ankles or anything else. I also have a pair of sandals for around the house. A pair of sandals for church and two pair of nice church boots, one with high heals one without. (depends on the outfit which pair I wear) 

I do not believe in TIGHT, or sexy outfits. That calls undo attention to myself. Nor do I wear to overly old fashioned outfits. I like to be in fashion as long as it does not conflict with my moral beliefs. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...