Friday, September 21, 2012

My inspiration: Which are you



This is a poem I had to memorize for school a couple of years ago. 
ROD & STAFF, TIME TO PLANT - READER 5

Which Are You?
Author Unknown 
I watched them tearing a building down,
A gang of men in a busy town; 
With a ho-heave-ho and a lusty yell,
They swung a beam and the timbers fell.
I asked the foreman,"Are these men skilled,
And the men you'd hire if you had to build?"
He gave a laugh and said,"No indeed! 
Just common labor is all I need.
I can easily wreck in a day or two
What builder's have taken a year to do!"

And I thought to myself as I went my way,
Which of these roles have I tried to play?
Am I a builder who works with care,
measuring my life by the rule and square?
am I shaping my life to a well made plan,
Patiently doing the best I can?
Or am I a wrecker, who walks through the town 
Content with the labor of tearing down?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...