Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Other human Beings



Close your eyes, erase everyone you know from your mental world. You are alone, there is nobody to be friends with. You are completely alone in the world. 

Can you imagine what life would be like if you were the only one alive in the universe. God even said in Genesis 2:18  And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. God never meant for Humans to be alone. We will forever need friends, helpers, parents, teachers, and just plain people in general. We need some one to talk to, to share our ideas, and ideals with. Someone to love and care for. 

 Robinson Caruso is an excellent example of what would happen if God had left just Adam on the Earth without giving him Eve. During the middle ages people would go and live in caves for five or six years not being permitted to visit or even talk to anyone or anything. Even though God had people throughout history go to the wilderness alone to talk with him I do not believe that is something that everyone is called to do. 

Even though I am an introvert I do enjoy being around other people. I enjoy teaching them what I know, as well as learning what I can from them. If every man was an Island then we would go nowhere, we would be nothing except animals, barbarians, rude beasts without a care about anything except our stomachs. This is why today I am thankful for other people. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...