Monday, April 2, 2012

Memory Monday: Cowgirls of the library.


He's still working on me
To make me what I need to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'Cause He's still workin' on me

From that day on Katie and I would meet every Wednesday at the library. Katie and I at that time were both going through a "Cowgirl of the library" stage so we hit it off rather well. Katie wore a pink cowgirl hat while I wore a black one (and still the librarians got us mixed up.) As the "Cowgirls of the Library" we had a job to do. We had to rope the cows that got loose, make sure nobody ran, and collect the skunks and put them back in the globe...(A stuffed one that had a zipper on the equator.) there were about a hundred cows and sixty skunks (Imaginary of course) that between visits would get out so we had to round them up again. The cows we had to look for books that were strewn on the floor, and for the skunks we had to follow our nose. 
Last year the library got rid of their globe and in doing so they got rid of the skunks and they also got rid of the Abicous so the cows disappeared. Even so I have some very fond memories of our skunk catching days. (Mostly from girls about our age who were terrified of those skunks.) LOL  


can you guess which one is which???
I am the one not smiling... (I was going through an non smiling phase. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...