Monday, March 26, 2012

Memory Monday: BFF


He's still working on me
To make me what I need to be
It took him just a week to make the moon and stars
The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars
How loving and patient He must be
'Cause He's still workin' on me 


Since I was really little we have gone to the library every single week. Well two days after 9/11 I was at the library and I had nobody to play with. So I did what I always did when I had nobody to play with, I went hunting for a friend. 

Well it wasn't long before I found a girl that I looked so much like it was not even funny. So I went over to her and said, "Hello, My name is V. what is your name?"  
If  I had just grown horns, I do not think she would have given me a more horrified look. She dropped her book and took off, I hot on her heals. 
She dashed under a desk. 
"Hello little girl under a desk, What is your name?" I asked.
Her eyes were as big as dinner plates, and spotting her mother she took off and dashed behind her. 
"Hello little girl, Do you have a name?" I asked. 
"Katie." Her mother said, "I am ashamed to have to tell this nice little girl YOUR name." she said pulling Katie off of her leg. 
"Hi Katie, What is your name." I said. 
Katie first glared at me then at her mother then took off. She found a table and dove under it book in hand. 
"Hello little girl named Katie hiding under the table, Will you come out and play with me?" 
She stiffly shook her head her whole body tense ready to bolt if she felt the least bit threatened. 
"Can I come under there with you and read?" I asked. 
She shrugged then nodded, So I grabbed one of my favorite books and got under there with her. 
"Little girl named Katie, You don't talk very much do you?" I said after some time. 
She shook her head.
"You want to go look for another book?" I asked her.
She nodded.
So off we went, She caught sight of her father and took off and hid behind him. 
Just then Kendra showed up wondering who was this strange man I was talking to. "Hey sis, who is your new friend?"  
I introduced to two to each other. (Katie not so sure what to think about this bouncy brown haired girl.)
"Do you two want to go to New Mexico with me on a train?" (That was the most exotic place she could think of.) 
Katie and I both nodded. So for the next hour (I think it might of been less time) We had every chair in the children's section lined up and we had a delightful time in "New Mexico". After wards we went to a near by park where we played and played and played. 
Katie and I have been Best friends ever since.




Katie and I getting our Third Book award.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...