Sunday, February 5, 2012

My finished line for February 4









Monday



FAR –   04C44.C  On a map or globe, trace all four voyages of Columbus and each identify all the places where his ships landed with both their ancient and current names.
I looked it up and Mom gave us a 45min lecture.

Math - Absolute value 2
I think I understand this (Not sure)

Science –  p. 31 - 34
Test on what science is

Spelling grade 6 -  Test 6 95%

Science – p. 35 - 39
How gravity works

History -  Age of Europe : p. 63 - 70
Joan of Arc 

English – 108
Rhyme in Poetry 

Spelling  -  7 a, b,
C
/k/ words

English – 109
Distinguishing adverbs and adjectives.

Tuesday



  1. I went to work for 5hr

  • I side walked for G.
  • Spotted for J.
  • Watered Horses
  • Mucked stalls.
  • Hoof anatomy lesson.
  • Kicked horses out (It is not what it sounds like I opened the stall door and told them to go to pasture.)
  • Help bring the horses in after lunch.
  • Groomed Dancer.

  1. Devotions= Genesis chapter 35-40
  2. Memory
  3. 1 Hr of Reading "The gift of Dyslexia"
  4. English 110 = Adverb clauses :P


  • An adverb clause is a clause that modifies a verb, an adjective, or an adverb. Adverb clauses tell how, when, where, why, and to what degree, as well as how long, how much, in spite of what, under what condition, and other things.
  • An adverb clause begins with a subordinating conjunction, such as after, although, as, because, before, since, unless, until, where, and while.
  • A sentence with an adverb clause is a complex sentence.
  • An adverb clause may be found before or after the main clause in a sentence. 
Polished cornerstones Merciful women H Make a budget for helping others. 



  1. Spelling= 7D
  2. Read 3 Voice of the Martyrs
  3. English Lesson 111 = Diagramming Adverb clauses. 
  • An adverb clause is diagrammed beneath the main clause. the subordinating conjunction is written on the broken line that connects the modified word in the main clause to the verb in the adverb clause.


Wednesday


  1. Math -  Quiz 2 D+
  2. US - Book
  3. US – Geog . p. 57  NORTH CAROLINA Map
  4. US – Geog. p. 58
  5. US –  map. p. 59
  6. US -  Geog. p. 60
  7. Spelling  -  Test 7
  8. Spelling  -  8 a, b
  9. FAR – 04R14.B Read one or more novels involving the railroad or its construct "My search for John Henry"
  10. PC -  Z.  Beautiful Girlhood Chap. 17 : The Oils of Life
  11. English- 112

  • Good Poetry has many figures of speech.

  1. A simile compares two unlike things by using like or as.
  2. A metaphor makes a comparison without using like or as.
  3. Personification applies the characteristics of a person.

  • Various methods are used to give poetry as pleasing sounds.

  1. Words are used that suggest the sounds they describe.
  2. Several words beginning with the same sound are placed close together.

  1. English – 113
  • A simple sentence has only one skeleton. a compound or complex sentemce has two skeletons joined by a conjunction.
  • The two clauses of a compound sentence are joined by a coordinating conjunction. The two clauses of a complex sentence is made of one independent clause and dependent clause.

Thursday

  1. Math -  Commutative property 
  2. Math - Distributive property  
  3. Science – p. 40 - 44 How science works
  4. Science – p. 45 - 48
  5. Reading – 13 The story of McIntosh Red (The story of how the McIntosh Red apple came to be.)

  6. Reading – 14 The Latch string  (A story of putting our trust in God)

  7. Reading – 15 Profiting from mistakes (Short poem) 


  8. US – 50 S p. 83 North Carolina

  9. US – 50 S – p. 84

  10. US – 50 S -  p. 85

  11. US – 50 S – p. 86

  12. English – 114 Review

  13. English – Notebook for Chap 9

  14. Spelling  -  8 C

  15. Spelling  -  8 D




    This is the reader that I use. 

 Friday 



  1. Math -Simplifying Expression

  2. Math - Quiz 3
  3. History -  The Age of Europe : p. 77 - 83
  4. History - The Age of Europe : p. 85 - 94
  5. History -  The Age of Europe : p. 95 - 100
  6. Science – p. 49 - 53
  7. Science – p. 57 - 58
  8. Science – p. 59 - 63
  9. Spelling  -  Test 8
  10. Science – p. 54 - 56
  11. Devos Exodus 1-5
Alright now that it is February, how have I been doing on my New Year Resolutions?


  1. I will read my Bible through in an year. (I am on Exodus chapter 10)
  2. I will work on improving my stamina and flexibility.(I jogged a mile on Wednesday.) 
  3. I will work on my attitude towards stressful situations. (No progress.)
  4. I want to be able to identify the different constellations so I can find my way around better. ( I can now find The Pleiades.)
  5. I want to be caught up in school by the end of this year. (I am doing 7 days worth of work a week instead of the assigned 5)
  6. I will read fifty two educational Biographies this year. (I have read five.)
  7. I will publish my book by the end of the year. ( I got down two more chapters this month.)
  8. I wish to be able to work with others without getting in a fight on how to and not to do it. (A little progress but not that much.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...